IMG_1161_avatar
--
0

Do you ever learn something, hear something, or have an experience that just really gets you excited? When your heart just kind of burns within you and you wish that you could scream it out but don't really even know what you would say? It is a building anticipation like right before you sink that game winning shot. It wells up inside of you to the point of exploding and when you turn to share it with someone no one is there, or at least no one that will listen and understand.

When you are headed to the mission field there is this weird separation that occurs. Some people who have had similar experiences can identify with you but most people don't quite get the depth of it unless they are in it too. Your passions and attentions are pointed toward something that you can't quite grasp yet and the hope of it consumes your thoughts. It is something that God has put in me that even I don't totally understand yet.

I have been thinking the last couple of weeks about what I am to do with all of this. What do I do with all of this drive and passion and excitement? Who do I share it with that will understand and be as excited as I am? When my heart runs so far ahead of me how do I keep up? The only answer I can come up with is the one I started with. I will return all of that passion to the One who so graciously gave it to me in the first place. There is no person here on earth that will totally get it or totally get me so the best answer is to go back to the one that created me. I am sure that He gets it because He gives it.

I know this might seem kind of cryptic. You might ask, "What is the, it, that you speak of?". Believe me, if I knew then I would tell you. Chances are that at some point in your life, if you are a believer, you have experienced something similar and can in part, or in whole, identify with what I am saying. It is mysterious.

I like what the Bible says in Luke 10:27 and I really like the paraphrase that The Message gives and Matthew Henry's commentary on it.

The Message
Luke 10:27
He said, "That you love the Lord your God with all your passion and prayer and muscle and intelligence - and that you love your neighbor as well as you do yourself."

Matthew Henry Commentary
"We must love God with all our hearts, must look upon him as the best of beings, in himself most amiable, and infinitely perfect and excellent; as one whom we lie under the greatest obligations to, both in gratitude and interest. We must prize him, and value ourselves by our elation to him; must please ourselves in him, and devote ourselves entirely to him. Our love to him must be sincere, hearty, and fervent; it must be a superlative love, a love that is as strong as death, but an intelligent love, and such as we can give a good account of the grounds and reasons of. It must be an entire love; he must have our whole souls, and must be served with all  that is within us. We must love nothing besides him, but what we love for him and in subordination to him."

Love ya,
Theresa Hodge

No Response to "What is "it"?"