I went up to a church retreat this weekend and was very blessed by what was said. I had some ideas that came out of it and it really gave me a new perspective on some things. One main thing that really hit me was that Jesus died for His friends.
Jesus made me His friend then gave me love for friends he hasn't made yet. He then sends me out to meet His future friends so that they could get to know Him and become His friends. I love North Africans because Jesus has North African friends and wants them to be a part of the biggest party ever. Evangelism isn't us bringing Jesus to people, He is already there. Evangelism is just us being open to meeting God's other friends. He introduces us through divine appointment and we let them know that they are missing the only friend that they really need, Jesus.
I know this isn't theologically deep or anything but God gave me a new perspective that I wanted to share with you. I hope it makes sense.
SPAIN UPDATES!
A lot has happened in the last few weeks. Here is a short rundown.
- I have applied for my Spanish visa and am hoping to hear back from them at the beginning of December.
- My last day of work is on November 12th.
- My funds are at 98%
- I have purchased a plane ticket to Spain leaving on January 12th.
Thanks you for your continued prayer and support. If you are interested in giving you will see two links on the right hand side of this blog page that provide online giving links.
Luv,
Theresa Hodge
No Response to "Just making friends."
Post a Comment