IMG_1161_avatar
--
0

Adventures of Hodge Newsletter 6-21-09


It has been a while since my last newsletter but it is not for lack of things to write about. Since April I have continued to do a lot to get ready to leave the country. I am still raising support and, therefore, talking to many people about this new adventure.


At the beginning of May I had the opportunity to speak to the singles group at East Valley Bible Church. They have been very gracious and I know that they are saying many prayers for me. Their support and understanding of my singleness is a huge blessing and their encouragement is crucial.


May 11th marked my last day of Spanish classes. I feel like I have a pretty good grip on the basics and am hoping that immersion in the language and culture will take care of the rest. I have also begun to regularly attend Pan De Vida, the Spanish church that is a part of EVBC. I believe that Pan De Vida will prove to be a huge help in the next few months before I leave. I want to make sure that I don’t lose what the bit of language I have worked so hard to learn.


At the end of May I was able, through the generosity of my parents, to go visit my brother in Chicago and my best friend in North Carolina. It was a bitter sweet trip as I got to spend some time with two of the people in my life who mean a lot to me. It was hard to say goodbye but I am hoping that it is not the last time that I see them before I leave...fingers crossed.


More than anything else God has been using this time of waiting and preparing to really refine me. He is showing me so much about myself and even more about Himself. My pursuit of Jesus has grown stronger as I leave the pursuit of my dreams in His hands. If I am following Jesus then I need to know where He is going and the only way to do that is to ask Him, through His word and prayer.


As I continue to raise support, I ask you all for your prayers and your help. If you are part of a church small group, Bible study, or anything and would like me to come and talk about the work in Spain please just let me know by email or phone and we can schedule something. I would love to come and talk to anyone and everyone who wants to know!


What is ahead:

All I have to do is finish raising support funds, then apply for a visa and I can leave for Spain! Here are the details;

  • In the last newsletter my monthly funds of $2,770 were at 59%. Now I am at 75%! I hope to be at 100% by the end of July.
  • If God provides all of the support money by the end of July then I hope to apply for my visa and be on my way sometime around September. I am praying that God will do it.


BE PART OF MY SENDING TEAM:

First, please pray. Pray that the Lord will provide funding, a visa, and ready hearts to hear the good news.


If you are interested in giving, you can contribute through WorldVenture. (copy these URLs and paste them into your browser)


Monthly Contributions: https://worldventure.com/CommitmentForm.aspx?id=23205&aliaspath=/Give/Make-A-Commitment

One Time Gift: hhttps://worldventure.com/GiveNow.aspx?id=23205&aliaspath=/Give/Give-Now


If you are wondering how much to give as a monthly contribution I have provided a small breakdown of what is still needed:


3 people giving $100/month | 6 people giving $50/month | 4 people giving $25/month


I could not do this without you!


Sincerely,

Theresa Hodge

WorldVenture Missionary #990

602-509-9937 • 1441 S. Stanley Pl. #101, Tempe, AZ 85281

theresathehodge@gmail.com • adventuresofhodge.blogspot.com • NorthAfricaVenture.com • WorldVenture.com

No Response to "Newsletter 6-09"