Pastor Tom said something last Sunday that really hit me. "My title is ambassador. My job description is servant." I agree whole heartedly with that statement but had never put too much thought into it. I am pretty good at being a servant to the person who obviously needs help. You know, the old lady who needs help with her groceries or the guy on the street corner holding a sign. I understand how to serve them. What God convicted me of on Sunday is how bad I am at the rest of it. Especially at work. It seems like as soon as I am expected to do something or someone offers to pay me for it then I cease being a good servant. I get a sense of entitlement, like I should be treated a certain way and only be expected to do certain things.
I don't often sacrifice much to be a good servant. I see how God is showing me my faults in this area and I am thankful because I am pretty sure that my future (like tomorrow) holds a lot of opportunities to be a servant and it is only by God's grace, and for His glory that I will do it well.
-Theresa
1 Response to Ambassador/Servant
dude- sermon on the mount lifestyle. esp by Martin Lloyd Jones.
Post a Comment