No, Mother Teresa is not my namesake. However, she was an amazing woman who, by the grace of God, did amazing things and had a lot of wisdom. I mention her because I am reading a really good book about a man who built schools in Pakistan and he quoted her in the book. It is a quote that really hits home for me at this time in my life.
"Let nothing perturb you, nothing frighten you. All things pass. God does not change. Patience achieves everything." -Mother Teresa
I have found that the time between deciding to do missions and actually getting to leave the country requires great patience. It is a time of waiting and with it comes many emotional ups and downs. Everything is constantly changing and yet not changing. Not many things go the way you had planned or hoped. It is really easy to fret about what could happen next. However, as Mother Teresa reminds me, God does not change and patience is a virtue.
Isn't it great to know that we can completely count on God? He is faithful even when I feel faithless. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't completely count on Him to do His perfect will in my life.
And now, I wait.
-Theresa
1 Response to Mother Teresa
Amen! Appreciated what you said! A verse that we have learned in this process - Prov. 16:9.
Post a Comment