IMG_1161_avatar
--
0

I was really encouraged by the sermon tonight at church. It was from 1 Samuel 14 where Jonathan tells his armor bearer that they are going to go over to the Philistine camp. The Philistines had a whole army and Jonathan just had himself and his armor bearer. However, Jonathan also had faith. Jonathan says, "It may be that the Lord will work for us..." Then his armor bearer says, "Do all that is in your heart. Do as you wish. Behold, I am with you heart and soul."

If you happen to know the story at all, God more than took care of the situation by getting rid of the Philistine army.

What I really like about the story is how I can see my situation in Jonathan. I know that the Lord can provide for what He has asked me to do in going to Spain. The means and timing by which He will do it is entirely up to Him and I have no idea or say in it. But I can say with confidence, "It may be that the Lord will work for us..."

It is also cool how I see all of you as my armor bearers. Not that you are servants, but that you are telling me to, "Do all that is in your heart. Do as you wish. Behold, I am with you heart and soul." When you pray for me, when you give of your time and finances, I know that you have my back. I know that you are behind me and that the Lord has put you there.

I appreciate you all so much. Thank you for taking the time to keep up with my adventure and being such a great support to me in it. Here are a few prayer points...

• I will begin applying for my visa in May. Pray that it will go smoothly and quickly.
• Fund raising. That the Lord would continue to provide through the generosity of others.
• Peace. That I would not get stressed out by all of the preparation and waiting.

-Theresa

No Response to "I know He can."