I have been encouraged these past few weeks. Not so much by fundraising coming in or plans being fulfilled but by God's word. Even when I go through weeks where I don't see any physical progress toward Spain, I know that the Lord does all things well. I know that this whole thing is in His capable hands and that He will accomplish His will in perfect time. I just have the great privilege of being a willing participant. And even so, it is He who has made me willing.
I am so thankful that it is not all up to me to make things happen. I will do my responsible part but there is no need to worry.
A verse that I read last week in my study time was this;
1 Thessalonians 5:24
The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it.
Then, there is this one passage of scripture that found its way to my ears in three completely separate and unconnected ways the past couple of weeks. I love how God repeats Himself to us...and so specifically.
Romans 15:23-24
But now, since I no longer have any room for work in these regions, and since I have longed for many years to come to you. I hope to see you in passing as I go to Spain, and to be helped on my journey there by you, once I have enjoyed your company for a while.
I appreciate all of you who read this blog and are interested in my journey to Spain. I will leave you with a few prayer requests...
- Fund raising (if you are planning to give please send your payments or commitments in as soon as you can)
- Spanish class - that I will catch on quickly to the language
- My current job - that I will work as unto God and not worry about anything else
Theresa
No Response to "Verses of encouragement."
Post a Comment