Well, today was the Global Expo at East Valley Bible Church and it was a great time. I really enjoyed being at church all day and getting to reconnect with some old friends. Tyler and Patrick did such a great job with the services and really letting the congregation in on the heart of the church in missions. I am so thankful for their passion that continues to inspire me a move me forward.
In between services when I had some free time I used it to do some studying. I was reading in 1Kings where Solomon is talking about all of the specifics of the temple building. It reminded me of all the spots in the old testament where there are these seamingly boring passages talking about the details of the ark, the ark of the covenant, the tent of meeting, etc... As I sat there reading I pondered why God would bother putting all that information in there.
Then God showed me what He wanted me to see. I suddenly realized that if God spent so much time and effort in the details of a project like the temple or the ark then what kind of detail must He have for my life? It suddenly dawned on me that the details are not up to me. God has had it figured out from the beginning of time and is doing everything just the way He planned. I don't need to worry about the support checks coming in because that detail has been fully and perfectly planned before I was even born. My only concern is to do what God has me for today and give Him all the glory when the details come together. As the Word says, "He who has called me will surely do it."
I rest on that promise tonight, knowing full well that the events of my life are perfectly planned by my Father who loves me more than I could ever know.
Please keep these things in your prayers...
1. Monetary support to be fulfilled 100% or more.
2. Spanish visa.
3. Patience with my current job. Praise God I still have one!
Sincerely,
Theresa
1 Response to Encouraged by the details.
Great insight on this passage Theresa. It's so good to be reminded that God has control of all the details. Amen! I'm not very good at figuring everything out even though I try to:)
Post a Comment