IMG_1161_avatar
--
0

Well, not quite yet. This week I signed up for Spanish classes at Mesa Community College. I will start classes in February and be able to take all three intensive classes by the end of May. My roommate that is already living in Spain said that this is one thing she wished she would have done. I figured that it was a good idea to take her advice. It will be nice to get off the plane and be able to speak the language. I praise God that the classes are cheap and that I can fit them all in before leaving.

My mom is flying in on Thanksgiving and spending the weekend with me. My family and I are doing all that we can to spend some extra time together before I leave next year. As each month passes I think that the reality of the next three years continues to set in. I am very thankful that I have Christian parents that support my decision to go overseas.

I am still waiting to hear from my sending agency about the approval of my support letters. I really hope that I can send them out next week. In the meantime, I have been gathering all the necessary paperwork that still needs to be sent in. I am also doing a lot of reading. Many good people have suggested books to me and I am doing my best to get them all read. I have never been much of a reader but I am getting better at it. This is probably a good skill to develop for my time overseas.

I really hope that you guys are all hanging in with me. I am afraid that my updates are a bit mundane. If there is anything that you would like to know please tell me and I would be happy to blog about it or talk with you on the phone.

Prayer points:
• Spanish visa
• Continued trust in the Lord for all my needs.
• Open hearts as I begin fundraising
• That God would bless my family as they help me prepare to go.

I pray that you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving next week and that the Lord blesses you and your family.

No Response to "Sí hablo español"