IMG_1161_avatar
--
0

A Whole Month Already...


I have officially been in Malaga for a month now. It doesn't seem possible. It is amazing how it already feels like I have been here longer. I know my way around town pretty well now and have gotten used to all of the walking. I also know the public bus system pretty well.

My apartment is feeling like home. I have even made some friends already! The church that I have been attending with my bosses family has a lot of really friendly people. I am very thankful for Tamara and Sergio who are a young couple that have taken me under their wing. They are showing me around and helping me with my Spanish. (they are patient people)

I am also very thankful for my boss and his family. They have helped me to get settled into my new life. I get to join them every Sunday after church for lunch and it is something that I always look forward to.

For the last 3.5 weeks I have been taking an intensive Spanish language course at a local college. The class is Monday through Friday for 5 hours a day. Just 3.5 more weeks to go until I am finished! I am hoping that I will come away with some good skills to build on. Lord willing I will get better at this whole "Spanish thing" soon.

I have been able to get around to a few of the local tourist attractions. I really enjoyed the Catedral De Malaga and Alcazaba. I look forward to seeing even more and getting some more one on one time with my camera.

Well, that is about it for now. I know that it is just kind of a bunch of mixed facts and thoughts. Please email me if you have any questions you would like answered.

Prayer requests:
+ That my Spanish will continue to improve.
+ My parents, for wisdom and endurance.
+ That God will be glorified.

Isaiah 60:1-3 "Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you. For behold, darkness shall cover the earth, and the thick darkness the peoples; but the Lord will arise upon you, and His glory will be seen upon you. And nations shall come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your rising."

Sincerely,
Theresa Hodge
adventuresofhodge.blogspot.com

No Response to "Adventures Newsletter February 2010"