Well, Thursday will mark my first full week of living in Malaga, Spain. It has been a really good and busy week. I have been doing my best to get settled into my new surroundings. I think that I am finally finished shopping and getting all of the staple items that one needs to live day to day. I don't know what I would do without Ab, my new boss, driving me around and helping me out.
On Monday, February first I will begin Spanish language school. I have decided to take an intensive course that is 5 hours a day, 5 day a week for 7 weeks. The class sizes are very small and I am hoping to walk out of the class with some Spanish skills to build on for the next three years. When I am finished with school then I will begin working with Ab on his website and many other projects. I also hope to get involved with the community around me and meet some people. I would like to start playing some recreational basketball to meet some other people. I was told that the city does has female leagues!!
God continues to show me His faithfulness in the little things. When I went to get internet hooked up in the apartment they told me it would take four days and it only took two. I went to get a cell phone and they said that I couldn't have it until I had my residence card. The next day we went to a different store and they let me get a phone. When registering for classes I needed to get a lot of money to my Spanish bank account and, although not easy, God made a way for it to happen quickly so that I could start in February.
God is so faithful to me and it amazes me everyday that He still holds on so tightly.
Psalm 91:14-16 (The Message) "If you'll hold on to me for dear life," says God, "I'll get you out of any trouble. I'll give you the best of care if you'll only get to know and trust me. Call me and I'll answer, be at your side in bad times, I'll rescue you, then throw you a party. I'll give you a long life, give you a long drink of salvation."
Please pray for me as I start language school on Monday. Pray that God would give me a gift for learning it.
Love ya,
Theresa
P.S. For a little cultural lesson, I have been taking pictures of some things that are different here. Scroll down if you want to check it out.
And, last but not least, the euro plugs that help the unsuspecting expatriate to blow up all of their electronics.







1 Response to Semana Uno!
I am among the lucky few who get to talk and see you over Skype, daily, but it is always great to see you sharing with all the other "believers", whom we have all learned to love. Thank you, my darling daughter, I love you!!
Post a Comment