Adventures of Hodge Newsletter 9-19-09
I must say, that a lot has happened since the last newsletter in July, which is why there was no newsletter in August. Life has been
very busy but is finally starting to level out a little bit again...just before it gets crazy...again.
I must say, that a lot has happened since the last newsletter in July, which is why there was no newsletter in August. Life has been
very busy but is finally starting to level out a little bit again...just before it gets crazy...again.
I spent most of the month of August working to go through all of my worldly possessions and sell them. I sold a ton of stuff on Craigslist before holding my garage sale a couple of weekends ago. I managed to get rid of and make money on most of my things. I have only kept about 8 plastic bins of stuff. It is a wonderful feeling to own so little. I hope that I never go back to my old ways of accumulation.
The photos to your right are from a Labor Day weekend day trip to Flagstaff and Sedona.
On September 1st I put in my 2 month notice at work and will be done the last day in October. I am praying that they find a good replacement and that I will have plenty of time to get them trained so that the transition will be as smooth as possible.
Last time that I wrote to you my funds were at 83% and now they are at 94%! I am so thankful that the Lord continues to provide and show me that I am on the right track. I just need to raise another $175 a month or a total of $6300 to get to 100%.
I am now collecting loads of paperwork for my Spanish visa application. The paperwork that I have been waiting for from the Spanish government was put in the mail last week and I am expecting it at anytime. When I get it I can go apply for my visa out in Los Angeles. Please pray that I have all of the correct
paperwork and that the visa will be processed quickly.
In summary, I now have limited possessions, am essentially homeless, will soon be jobless and hope to be in Spain by late November or early December! God is good.
As I continue to raise support, I ask you all for your prayers and your help. If you are part of a church small group, Bible study, or anything and would like me to come and talk about the work in Spain please just let me know by email or phone and we can schedule something. I would love to come and talk to anyone and everyone who wants to know!
WHAT IS AHEAD:
All I have to do is finish raising support funds, then get my visa and I can leave for Spain! Here are the details;
• In the last newsletter my monthly funds of $2,770 were at 83%. Now I am at 94%! I hope to be at 100% as soon as possible.
• If God provides all of the support money and a Spanish visa I am hoping to be on my way sometime around November or
December.. I am praying that God will do it.
All I have to do is finish raising support funds, then get my visa and I can leave for Spain! Here are the details;
• In the last newsletter my monthly funds of $2,770 were at 83%. Now I am at 94%! I hope to be at 100% as soon as possible.
• If God provides all of the support money and a Spanish visa I am hoping to be on my way sometime around November or
December.. I am praying that God will do it.
BE PART OF MY SENDING TEAM:
First, please pray. Pray that the Lord will provide funding, a visa, and ready hearts to hear the good news.
If you are interested in giving, you can contribute through WorldVenture. (copy these URLs and paste them into your browser)
First, please pray. Pray that the Lord will provide funding, a visa, and ready hearts to hear the good news.
If you are interested in giving, you can contribute through WorldVenture. (copy these URLs and paste them into your browser)
Monthly Contributions: https://worldventure.com/CommitmentForm.aspx?id=23205&aliaspath=/Give/Make-A-Commitment
One Time Gift: https://worldventure.com/GiveNow.aspx?id=23205&aliaspath=/Give/Give-Now
If you are wondering how much to give as a monthly contribution I have provided a small breakdown of what is still needed:
3 people giving $50/month and 1 person giving $25/month
You are in my prayers.
Sincerely,
Theresa Hodge
WorldVenture Missionary #990
602-509-9937 • 1441 S. Stanley Pl. #101, Tempe, AZ 85281
theresathehodge@gmail.com • adventuresofhodge.blogspot.com • NorthAfricaVenture.com • WorldVenture.com
Theresa Hodge
WorldVenture Missionary #990
602-509-9937 • 1441 S. Stanley Pl. #101, Tempe, AZ 85281
theresathehodge@gmail.com • adventuresofhodge.blogspot.com • NorthAfricaVenture.com • WorldVenture.com
No Response to "Adventures Newsletter for August/September 2009"
Post a Comment