IMG_1161_avatar
--
0

As I sat in Easter service today the pastor preached on Jesus appearing to the disciples after the resurrection. It hit me in a totally different way than ever before.

John 20:19-21
On the evening of that day, the first day of the week, the doors being locked where the disciples were for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood among them and said to them, "Peace be with you." When he had said this, he showed them his hands and his side. The the disciples were glad when they saw the Lord. Jesus said to them again, "Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, even so I am sending you."

First of all, God knows that we are a fearful people. I admit that many things I do or don't do are based out of fear. Fear of the outcome or maybe rejection. These aren't things that would be considered bad either. Sometimes it is just as scary to do the right thing. Going to Spain is definitely a scary thing.

Jesus tells them again to not be fearful and then to go. This really spoke to me because God is telling me the same thing. In fact, He is telling you the same thing. No matter where you are or what you are doing, God tells you not to be fearful and to go. Maybe for you, going simply means to show up at work everyday and be an example of Christ's love to your coworkers. Maybe it means to set aside a fear of rejection and ask a hurting person if you can pray for them.

In any case, I find it very interesting that Jesus would make "going" the main topic of His conversation with the disciples after His resurrection. I guess that means it is really important!

If you are interested in receiving my monthly newsletter by email then please just let me know.

Pray requests:
1. Please pray with me that my support will reach 100% by the end of April.
2. Please pray that I will have patience in my current job.
3. That the people of North Africa will come to know Jesus as their Savior.

BE PART OF MY SENDING TEAM:
First, please pray with me for the things listed above.

If you are interested in giving, you can contribute through WorldVenture.

Monthly Contributions:

https://worldventure.com/CommitmentForm.aspx?id=23205&aliaspath=/Give/Make-A-Commitment

One Time Gift:
https://worldventure.com/GiveNow.aspx?id=23205&aliaspath=/Give/Give-Now

If you are wondering how much to give as a monthly contribution I have provided a small breakdown of what is still needed:
5 people giving $100/month
10 people giving $50/month
4 people giving $25/month


Sincerely,
Theresa

No Response to "Even so, I am sending you."