IMG_1161_avatar
--

Well, I am finally back from vacation and back to the real world. I trust that you all had wonderful holidays and are looking to make 2009 the best year ever.

While on vacation, I was able to talk to the pastor at my parents church in Montana and he agreed that the church would pray for me. I am also hopeful that many of the individuals will pitch in as well.

I also finished the Autobiography of George Mueller and thoroughly enjoyed it. There is so much to be learned from the way he lived his life and ran his ministry. I was very encouraged by his example and expect great things from the Lord. Here are a few quotes from the book that really inspired me. I hope that you enjoy them as well.

"The greatness of the sum required to accomplish this work gives me special joy. The greater the difficulty to be overcome, the more it will be seen how much can be accomplished by prayer and faith. When God overcomes our difficulties for us, we have the assurance that we are engaged in His work and not our own."

"The christian should never worry about tomorrow or give sparingly because of a possible future need. Only the present moment is ours to serve the Lord, and tomorrow may never come. Money is really worth no more than as it can be used to accomplish the Lord's work. Life is worth as much as it is spent for the Lord's service."

"At the same time, work! Walk through every open door, be ready in season and out of season as if everything depended on your labor. This is one of the great secrets in connection with successful service for the Lord - work as if everything depended on your diligence, and trust in the blessing of the Lord to bring success."

I will remember these quotes as I begin a new chapter in my life and learn, in a whole new way, how to trust the Lord.

-Theresa

1 Response to Back from vacation.

Anonymous
January 12, 2009 at 8:56 AM

Thank you for posting those.