What brought me to this place?
Was it the echo of restlessness in my heart or my fondness for the beauty of blistered feet.
This road requires that my distaste for purging and packing be thrown in a cathartic box amongst other frivolous pursuits.
I walk.
I will never hang my hat or my heart here for I see a dim glimpse of golden streets in faces and places.
Ready to tear off this shell of bad memories and dirty days gone by. Longing to wrap this soul in beauty.
I walk.
This walk cannot be defined by normal conventions. Success, happiness, prosperity. These things do not belong to me.
I own nothing but hope and the One in whom I find it owns me.
Holding onto nothing but constantly being held.
Failing all the time but victorious.
I walk.
by Theresa Hodge

No Response to "I am not a writer but sometimes I try to be."
Post a Comment