IMG_1161_avatar
--

I was just thinking today about how often I feel defeated. I just got back from a month in Madrid and feel like I didn't accomplish much. I think that my greatest victory was that the dog I was sitting is still alive and I didn't melt in the heat. However, my hopes of relaxation, spiritual refreshment, and refocus got lost pretty easy in a lack of routine and discipline. I could try to justify my actions with many different excuses but there is really no excuse. I let the devil win again.


I have always liked war movies, especially the ones about WWII. I have probably watched the Band of Brothers series at least 6 times all the way through. I am not a history buff so I started wondering what attracts me to this genre. I think that it is getting to vicariously experience the battle and all that goes with it. In some way I experience the urgency of death being around the next corner, the camaraderie between soldiers and the unity and passion that is created when there is a common enemy and goal.


It can be hard to feel like part of the battalion when the other soldiers that I know and love are so far away. However, I trust that they are all praying for me and, in that way, are with me in battle. I also have the great privilege of knowing that I am fighting for a King who is leading me in victory.


I think that one of the most important things I forget everyday is the battle. The invisible war that happens from the moment that my eyes open in the morning. It is a war against the enemy for my love, focus, loyalty, you name it. He would take it all if he could and he often gets more of it than I even realize.


Beginning this week I will wake up to my alarm playing Reveille. It will be a good reminder that everyday is a battle and that without putting on my armor I am just giving the enemy an easy kill.


Please pray for me.


Sincerely,
Theresa

1 Response to Reveille

August 31, 2010 at 1:47 PM

Prayers coming your way.