This afternoon I watched a documentary about advertising agencies called "Art & Copy". It actually made me wish for those days again and I NEVER thought that would happen. A good ad agency job can be a bit like what they say about giving birth. After a while you forget the pain of labor because what it produced is beautiful. What the film really brought up in me again was that passionate desire to make something amazing. To have that creative thought pop into my head and know that it could solve the problem. It also made me realize how much I miss the teamwork and challenge of such an environment. I kinda miss those afternoons blankly staring at Jurv as we sat in his office trying come up with a brilliant idea to get people to camp at KOAs. I choose to forget the sleepless, stressful nights of waiting for the ideas to come.
I think what is really at the heart of it all though is passion. It's that deep longing to be passionate about something again. To really be on fire and excited about what could be. To dream about making a difference and not let the naysayers get in the way. I really want to be that way again. I wish there was a way to constantly feed that hunger so that it never goes away. To have that hope and the crazy idea that I can make a difference in this world.
Then, when I think about it the answer comes. That constant hope and fire that I long for needs to be for Christ. If my deepest desire is first for Christ then the creativity and hope flow out of me. I long for the day to come, when all that hinders me from being passionate in this life is gone and there is nothing but pure passion before me.
I have 3 new ideas that I am currently hashing through. Ideas to supplement the ministry that I am already doing. I am really excited about them but I tend to be my own naysayer sometimes. I tend to convince myself that it will be too hard or that I don't know how to do it. Will you please pray with me that if these are things that the Lord wants me to pursue then I will faithfully and responsibly do so?
-Theresa
No Response to "Impassioned Rambling"
Post a Comment