IMG_1161_avatar
--
0

I am sorry that it has been so long since the last time I updated this blog. I plan to get back on my weekly schedule...starting now.


There are many people always asking me how the fundraising is coming and it is not always the easiest question to answer. There are those days that I check my online account and see that someone gave or made a commitment and on those days I say that it is going great. However, in the times when weeks have passed and there is no account activity I have a harder time having such an upbeat answer. It is not until I stop and really think about it that I realize my answer should always be upbeat! Whether I see tangible results or not, the fundraising is going exactly according to God's plan and, therefore, it is good.

One thing that brought me into this line of thinking recently is just thinking back on responses that I get from people. If my answer to the fundraising question is, "It is slow right now." Inevitably I get the response of, "Well, you know the bad economy is probably part of that." Then, I will usually nod in agreement.

Honestly though, after I think back on the conversation, I don't agree. The truth is that the economy has nothing to do with how much money has been raised or how quick it is coming in. With my human eyes I see many variables with upturns and downturns. The what ifs and what if nots tend to haunt me. But with God there are no variables. He isn't playing by any rules or waiting for the economy to turn around. God is moving forward in constant motion with nothing in His way. He is the Captain of this ship that I am on and it is sailing steadily through the storm.

Psalm 8:3-4
"When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, and the son of man that you care for him?"
-Theresa

Please continue to pray with me about the following things;
1. 100% funding
2. Spanish visa
3. The salvation of North Africans.

BE PART OF MY SENDING TEAM:
If you are interested in giving, you can contribute through WorldVenture.

Monthly Contributions:

https://worldventure.com/CommitmentForm.aspx?id=23205&aliaspath=/Give/Make-A-Commitment

One Time Gift: 
https://worldventure.com/GiveNow.aspx?id=23205&aliaspath=/Give/Give-Now

If you are wondering how much to give as a monthly contribution I have provided a small breakdown of what is still needed:
3 people giving $100/month
5 people giving $50/month
4 people giving $25/month

No Response to "I am not the Captain."